The Warren County Sheriff’s Office Virginia Rules education program helps educate our county's youth on the laws of the Commonwealth. Deputies conduct classes at a 6th through 12th grade level and explain the laws of the state and penalties that our youth may face if they commit certain crimes. It is the hope of the Office of the Attorney General and The Warren County Sheriff’s Office that this program reaches each child before something negative occurs. A partial list of topics provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Introduction to Virginia Law: Classifications of felonies and misdemeanors
- Rights of parents and legal guardians: How well do Virginia teens know the law?
- Facts about alcohol, tobacco and other drugs Teen driving and responsibility
- Dangers of internet surfing
- Crimes against persons
- Teen violence
- Gang violence
- Dating violence
- Attendance at school
- Crimes against property
- Making threats to school property or school personnel
Brochures and more information may be obtained at the Warren County Sheriff’s Office. For additional information about our Virginia Rules education program, please contact Deputy Larry M. Funk or Sgt. J. Kirkland at (540) 635-4128 or (540) 635-0399.